Thursday 13 March 2014

Throwback Thursday



Wearing:
Top - Topshop
Kimono - Topshop
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Topshop
Necklace - Urban Outfitters



It's an all-Topshop Thursday! My Throwback Thursday this week is the gorgeous beaded kimono I dug out of my wardrobe this morning. 

I bought it about 4 years ago; I remember having no idea how to style it but adoring the delicate embroidery and detailing. I've barely worn it and it's criminal because it's such a lovely piece. I mentioned my love of kimono's in yesterday's post and I'm definitely going to be making the effort to wear it a lot this summer.

I think my mistake when I bought it was constantly trying to dress it up and teaming it with skirts and dresses. As nice as it is on a night out it works just as well with a more casual outfit, which is why I'm quite pleased with today's outfit. The jeans are Topshop Joni's (I am incapable of wearing non-highwaisted jeans so the Joni is perfect for me), the plain white cami is a recent purchase and always useful. The boots are a couple of years old, the original Adonis style. I'm a lover of clumpy, borderline-grungy boots with buckles. 

I didn't want to over-accessorise so I kept things simple with a long length gold chain from Urban Outfitters. I especially like wearing this necklace with high-waisted pieces and it also falls at my middle. 

Today's throwback song is Hercules and Love Affair - Blind. I heard this for the first time in about 2008 and I instantly loved his voice, it's like syrup and just gorgeous. The song was different to anything else I was listening to at the time but there was something about it that kept it on replay. I still love it to this day. (Bonus - Jamie Winston in the video sporting a cute pixie crop.) 






Toria x




1 comment: