Wednesday 26 March 2014

Beauty Bits - Lime Crime Velvetine Dupe and Rita Ora for Rimmel





I'm a little behind on my blog posts this week due to technical issues. I've commandeered an old laptop but it can barely load Firefox so you'll have to bear with me!

I was hunting around Superdrug the other day and stumbled across the new Rita Ora polishes for Rimmel. I was on my way to the Barry M stand for a new white nail varnish, but I decided to get 'White Hot Love' from Rita's collection instead. The coverage and wear is good; I'll definitely be getting a couple more Rita Ora polishes as there's some lovely pastel shades.

I'd heard some buzz online about MUA's dupe of Lime Crime's 'Velvetine' glosses. Lime Crime is such a must-have brand for out-there lipsticks and glosses; unfortunately I'm yet to purchase anything in fear of massive shipping costs. I've admired the look of their 'Velvetine' collection for ages; plump, matte lips in gorgeous bold shades.

I bought MUA's Luxe Velvet Lacquer in Pink; out of all the colours it was the most appealing to me as I mostly wear pink shades on my lips. Application was great - it goes on glossy then kind of turns matte. No lip liner is required; it is really flattering on the lips and makes them look luscious. I'm probably not brave enough to apply it for day-wear, but it will be perfect for a statement look on a night out.

Obviously I can't compare MUA's Luxe Velvet Lacquer directly with Lime Crime's 'Velvetine', but I was so happy with how the MUA gloss made my lips look and I felt it was similar to the results I've seen with bloggers wearing 'Velvetine.' For £3, I think it's a steal.



Currently playing is Aluna George's 'Kaleidoscope Love (Kaytranada Edition).' I love Aluna George's voice and paired with the funky beat on this track, it makes for chilled, feel-good listening.


 







Toria x

1 comment: