Wednesday 12 March 2014

Blue Satin and Fringe


 Wearing: 
Jumpsuit - Topshop
Kimono - Forever 21
Boots - Topshop

Nail Polish and Lipstick - Barry M


The weather is still gorgeous (completely not reflected in the colour choices made with this outfit) and I'm dressed for the cinema and evening drinks tonight. 

I'm stopping by a lovely picture house in the centre of Wolverhampton called 'The Lighthouse.' It screens some of the more indie films that the huge multiplex's don't show and it's a great venue on stone cobbles. Tonight I'm seeing 'The Book Thief' with my Dad, I've heard it's a must-see and it's nice to catch a movie with Dad. Later on I'm meeting friends in town for evening drinks. 

My jumpsuit was a Christmas gift and I havn't really got around to wearing it until now. I spent most of December debating whether to buy it; the subtle jaquard print and soft satin material were so appealing. Now it's mine, I'm wondering if it's actually such a good fit on my figure. It bunches slightly around the middle and the legs are a bit loose for my taste (perhaps I needed to size down?) Regardless, it's such a lovely piece and I'll wear it all the same. 

I'm massively into kimono's at the moment: they're perfect for adding a little something to any outfit. I can't wait to buy a few more for summer, the more boho in style the better. This plain black one is a wardroble staple of mine at the moment, it's so handy just to throw over my shoulders with almost anything I wear, dressed up or down. The fringing on the back is lovely too. 

My nails are painted for once! Working behind the bar I'm not supposed to wear nail polish but I'm on reception this week so it's colout galore. I love white nails and think they stand out nicely against the dark outfit. The lipstick, '54' adds a nice pop of colour too. I've had it ages and usually prefer pinks, but it's great for when I want to make a statement. 

I'm currently listening to 'Cut Your Teeth' (Kygo Remix) by Kyla La Grange. I love her voice; it's soft and has a little quirk not dissimilar to Grimes's. The Kygo remix has a summery beat and really makes me want to book a holiday.....





Toria x 






No comments:

Post a Comment